Friday, July 13, 2012

Healthy Pumpkin Muffins My Kids Love



Pumpkin Muffins

I love it when I find recipes that are healthy AND that my children love.  That doesn't happen very often.  These muffins don't have any white flour at all.  They are very moist and yummy, and we all love them.  I omit the raisins because my kids don't like muffins with bits in them.




From Smart Cooking by Anne Lindsay. Makes 15 Muffins

¾ cup Natural bran

¾ cup Whole wheat flour

¾ cup Granulated sugar

1½ tsp. Cinnamon

1 tsp Baking powder

1 tsp Baking soda

1 cup Raisins

½ tsp Salt

1 cup Mashed/canned cooked pumpkin

2 eggs Unbeaten (I beat them, because once when I didn't there were bits of egg white in the muffins.)

½ cup Vegetable oil (Crisco)

½ cup Plain yogurt or buttermilk  (I use Greek yogourt)

1. In bowl, combine bran, flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda,

salt and raisins and toss to mix.

2. Add pumpkin, eggs, oil and yogurt. Stir just until combined.

3. Spoon batter into paper lined, or non-stick, muffin tins.

4. Bake in 400°F oven for 25 minutes, or until firm to the touch.

No comments: