Sunday, May 12, 2013

This Is Motherhood





When I was running on the trails today, I saw this baby maple tree growing and being sheltered at the base of a very large, full-grown maple tree.  And I thought, 'that is motherhood'.

We protect our children.  We keep them close to us.  We let them use our nutrients.  (Stay with me.)We stay with them because we love them, even if we'd really like to get a sitter now and again but that's not always easy and we stay with them if we can't, because they matter more than a night out even if we really need a night out to preserve what little sanity we have left.  Oh, sorry, that's me - not the tree.  But you get my point, right?  Children are worth everything and moms, so are you - so take care of yourselves.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers!

No comments: