Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Darien Lake!





    


  

We just spent the long weekend at Darien Lake.  It was the first time we had ever been.  We camped with a bunch of other families.  It was great.  All the kids played together.  We had a nice site among trees.  And you could just walk to the theme park and get right in. 

The park included something for everyone: roller coasters, children's rides, games, food, and a water park.  We didn't have to worry about long lines, either.  There was a firework and laser/music show at night.  We did it all: campfire, s'mores, rides, swimming.  My kids are 10, 8, and 5, and they all raved about it.  They want to go every year! 

Although I used to love roller coasters, I worried I was too old for them.  However, my boys wanted me to go on The Viper roller coaster, and I did, and it was lots of fun.  So I guess I'm not so old!  And now I've got cred with the kids.  (You've got to take it wherever you can get it.)

No comments: