Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Respect This!

My five year old was trying on an attitude for size.  I got down to his level and looked him right in the eye. 

"Listen, mister.  I carried you in my stomach for nine months.  I fed you, changed your diapers, and rocked you to sleep.  You WILL be respectful!"

He looked up at me and saluted.  "Yes, Sir Commander!"

That's more like it! 

I nodded in satisfaction at him.  "At ease, soldier!"


My son is funny.  He loves to give me zerberts all over my face and arms.  My husband says this is a boy's way of showing love.

I asked, "Is it also showing love when he burps in my ear?"

My husband nodded.  "Definitely."

So the next time Ryan blew a large, noisy zerbert on my forehead, instead of wiping it off, I said, "I love you too, Ry!"

No comments: