Thursday, May 10, 2012

I Love Your Art! I Have Absolutely No Idea How It Got Into The Recycle Bin!

With three children in school, I receive lots of paper.  Work, tests, art, projects.  It's overwhelming, really.  I thought my laundry was overwhelming!  (Well, it still is...)

I do keep special pieces in a Tupperware bin.  The others I try to sneak into the recycle box.

I say 'sneak' because if a child finds one, there is one heck of a guilt trip happening.

"Mommy!  What is my picture doing here?  I made it for YOU!"

You see years of therapy bills ahead of you. 

You say, "Oh my gosh, how did that get in there?  It must have fallen in by accident.  Let's put it on the fridge at once!  You know, that big huge pile of artwork over there...yes, there actually is a fridge underneath it all.  But I'm sure there's room...somewhere."

Another mom I know told me that she puts unwanted artwork in pizza boxes!  I like it.  Why didn't I think of it?

It's getting complicated because now my oldest children are helping out with putting out the garbage and recycling.

I try to be a good recycler but occasionally, I admit it, I put things in the garbage.  As I do it, I whisper to myself, "This is a SANITY thing."

Sometimes sanity trumps recycling.  And for all you die-hard environmentalists, it's okay.  My sanity level is barely worth mentioning. 

No comments: