Friday, June 29, 2012

You Can Do Anything You Want!

Last week it suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks.  My days at home with my daughter, just the two of us, were about to be over!  She would be starting full-time school in September.  And soon her two brothers would be home for the summer.

I panicked.  My precious 1:1 time - almost gone?  How did that happen?  I needed to make the most of the time I had left.

I don't think I overdid it at all.  On one day alone, I took her to Tim Horton's, then for bowling, at which we had pizza and went on the bumper cars.  Then I took her to the Purple Pony for ice cream.  When we got home I was completely exhausted and all I wanted to do was lie on the couch with a book, but when my daughter asked me to play dolls with her I instantly jumped up and yelled, "Of course!  Let's do it!"

The only thing that kindof nags at me about that day is that my daughter beat me at bowling.  Fair and square.  Yes, she had bumpers and I didn't.  But...she is four years old, so....that pretty much cancels that out.  Oh well.  I just hope she had fun.


No comments: