Sunday, August 19, 2012

Fifty Shades of Embarrassment!

I was in The Sweet Shop in Tobermory.  This is a very large candy and ice cream store filled with every possible kind of sweet thing imaginable.  And it is always very, very crowded.

My kids love picking out candy.  They always want different things, so I usually give them a dollar limit so it will be fair.

On this day I was occupied in the far corner of the store, checking out the many different options of salt water taffy they have now.  Lemon Meringue Pie and Root Beer Float - who knew?

Anyway, one of my kids approached me with a ton of candy in his hands.  I said that was too much.

I yelled, "The limit is $3.00, kids! $3.00!  And that's a HARD LIMIT!  A HARD LIMIT!"

As I was shouting this, I was wondering why that phrase sounded so familiar.

And then it hit me, as I was yelling it across a room full of children.

Yes.  It was from Fifty Shades.

Fifty Shades of....embarrassment!

No comments: