Monday, February 24, 2014

Elton John Live!

Recently I saw Elton John in Hamilton, Ontario.  I really haven't listened to his music in a long time, but I thought it would be a great opportunity to see a music icon.  He didn't disappoint me.  It was a great show visually and acoustically.  He is an unbelievably talented piano player; I am amazed by what he can do on a keyboard.  And the hits!  I forgot so many of the songs he has written.  Going to the concert, I had in my mind 'Crocodile Rock', 'Tiny Dancer', and 'Benny and the Jets'.  I had completely forgotten about one of my all-time favourites: 'Your Song'!  I love Ewan McGregor singing this in Moulin Rouge.  But there was also 'Leave On', 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road', 'I'm Still Standing' and 'The One' among many others.  Great concert!


No comments: