Monday, February 24, 2014

Ice. It sucks when you're trying to run on it, but it's beautiful in the woods!

I tried to do another Around the Bay training run.  Actually I did two.  Saturday wasn't too bad, but Sunday was downright awful.  I literally could not run on the sidewalk.  I could barely walk on the sidewalk!  It was more like a shuffling, sliding, gingerly picking my way across treacherous ice kind of approach.  Finally I thought, I am training for a race and to do that I actually need to run.  So I ran on the road.  Oh, I know what lots of you smug car drivers thought.  Why is that crazy woman running on the road? Does she want to get killed?! I admit I have thought the same myself.  But if you tried to run on the sidewalks you would understand.  So, please, drivers - cut us crazy runners some slack!

But on another note altogether, the ice, while seriously annoying on sidewalks, is amazingly beautiful elsewhere.


No comments: