Sunday, March 9, 2014

Best Lines in Songs





There are so many great lines from songs out there.  Here are just a few I've noticed recently:


"I want to tell you there's a very good reason why I came home wasted in the middle of the night." - Bambi, Tokyo Police Club


And it starts
Sometime around midnight
Or at least that's when you lose yourself
For a minute or two

As you stand
Under the bar lights
And the band plays some song about forgetting yourself for a while
And the piano's this melancholy soundtrack to her smile
 - Sometime Around Midnight, The Airborne Toxic Event


The next time I caught my own reflection
it was on its way to meet you
thinking of excuses to postpone
- Crying Lightning, Arctic Monkeys


You give me miles and miles of mountains
And I'll ask for the sea
-Volcano, Damien Rice




No comments: