Sunday, March 23, 2014

Somewhere Over the Rainbow




My children all have attitudes.  How did this happen?  Is it something in the water?

Oh, I know, it's just something everyone goes through.  It's part of growing up, of becoming independent. Yeah, yeah.  That doesn't mean I have to like it, does it?

Somewhere my parents are laughing and talking about 'karma'.

The other morning, it was the usual mad morning rush to get out of the house, and Ryan didn't have his gloves on.

I yelled, "Where are they?!"

He responded, "Somewhere over the rainbow."

Really?  Where does he get these things?

(I'm going to try this at work.  Where is that report, you want to know?  Somewhere over the rainbow.)

Another day recently, the school called me to say that my daughter's pants had gotten soaked with snow during break and that I needed to bring a new pair of pants over.  I was at work at the time.  I asked to speak with her, expecting that she would be upset.  She picked up the phone and called pleasantly, "Hey, mom, how's it hangin'?"

She is six years old.  (She was obviously devastated.)

My other son likes to mess with my mind.  I'll say, "Colin!  You haven't put your dish in the dishwasher!"

He will run in, throw the dish in the dishwasher and then say, "What are you talking about, Mom?  There's no dish! I don't know what you're talking about.  Jeez."  and he'll give me a strange look like I'M the crazy one.

I need to get out more!

No comments: