Monday, October 3, 2011

Ultra-Marathoner Envy

I want to be a 61 year old man.  That's right.  You heard me.  He's an ultra-marathoner.  I read about him in my paper the other day.  I think he has run over 84 marathons or something.  I admire that kind of discipline.  And his commitment to his sport - we all love men who can commit, am I right?  Not to mention that possessing that kind of energy level is truly impressive.  Some days I don't feel I have enough energy to sort socks.  Okay, that would be most days. 

I've run half marathons (21K) and several 25 Ks.  My next step may be the 30K Around the Bay race.  But eventually I feel I have to do a real marathon.  None of this half stuff - I want to do the whole thing.  It's a goal for me.  I may not do it until I'm 45, but now I've said it...and there are witnesses.  I want to be able to say that I've run a marathon.  Bring on the training!

No comments: