Wednesday, November 30, 2011

At Least I've Still Got My 'Sanity'...Right?

This morning I dropped off my 6 year old son at school.  I waited until the bell rang, and when he got into line, I moved to hug and kiss him good-bye.  When he saw me coming, he stuck his arm straight out to stop me, and said, "Don't even THINK about it!"

(I need to take a moment.)

I won't overreact, or anything.  I mean, I've been down this road with my oldest son.  Been there, done that.  I'm so over it.  It's just that it has happened even sooner than with my oldest son.  I thought I had more time!

I decided just to go home and hide in the corner with a bottle of Scotch and a bag of chocolates. 

Hmmm.  I was just joking, but that actually sounds like fun.  Is that bad?  If everyone just left me alone, I think I could cheer myself up quite nicely!

No, I'll just talk myself out of it to preserve my 'sanity'.  My son is still very affectionate at home, all the time.

When he was sick last week, he wanted me to stay with him all the time, "because just being with you makes me feel better", he said.

And the other day, when his older brother wanted to battle me in a new video game, he looked worried for me, and said to his brother, "Just...go easy on her, okay?"

I'll take it.

No comments: