Sunday, November 25, 2012

Online Shopping: Works for Working Moms!




I may have mentioned that I am slightly busy, working every day out of the home, as well as inside the home with three children.

(If you haven't heard this already, let me tell you all about it!  How much time have you got?  Oh, wait - I don't have enough time, I'm too busy.)

When I saw Christmas lights shining a few weeks ago, I actually felt a hearty dislike for the person who had put them up.  That's not very festive, is it?

I realized the issue was that I was suddenly feeling pressure.  I wasn't sure how I was going to get it all done this year.

Then it came to me: online shopping!  I had never tried it before in large quantities, but when I looked at how much time I had available to shop (i.e. none) I decided it made sense.

Also, I have been that person in the megastore Moonlight Madness who is standing there thinking in disbelief, "I am in hell on earth!  I would rather shoot myself than go through this again!"  This being the interminable lines, the pushy crowds and frantic gift-grabbing.

Anyway, it was fabulous.  I took some lieu time off from work.  I sat at home with my feet up and my playbook on my lap, and I shopped. 

Free shipping, and it was all delivered within a week.

I used Indigo Kids in Canada, because I like their stuff; it's pretty sturdy and well-made; it's not dollar store cheap plastic.  And you can't beat the free shipping!

I've got almost all of my Christmas shopping done now, for my kids and for my nieces and nephews.

Take that, people with Christmas lights up already!  I mean,  Merry Christmas.  And may your shopping be festive!

No comments: