Thursday, December 6, 2012

Hitting Stress Quotient Before 9:00 a.m. = Not Good



I hit my stress quotient before 9:00 a.m. this morning.  It wasn't pretty.

I have to take some responsibility.  I've been letting things slide in the morning.

I used to be really good about enforcing the rule that the kids have to have all their stuff done before they play video games.

My kids get up pretty early so it isn't usually an issue.

This morning everything seemed to be going very well.  (This should have been my first clue.)

I had even put beef stew ingredients in the crock pot AND remembered to turn it on (always essential).  I was congratulating myself on the fact that although I had to work that night, I had still managed to make dinner.  I know; pretty impressive, right?

Anyway, the time crept up on me.

Suddenly it was time to start the 'Ten Minutes Before Leaving Rush'.  I called, "Time to brush teeth everyone!"

Then I looked around.  There were no breakfast dishes anywhere!  Nothing was cluttering up the couch or the kitchen table.  That could mean only one thing.

No one had eaten breakfast!

That was when I started yelling. 

It just went downhill from there. 

I burned the toast (breakfast) while I was making the lunches.  My one son forgot his agenda.  My boot zipper got stuck.

As I was yelling that the next day nothing would happen until they were dressed and had eaten breakfast and gotten ready, my one son said to me, "Are you just cranky, Mom?"

I'm sorry to say that set me off again.

I need to start meditating. RIGHT NOW!

No comments: