Saturday, December 15, 2012

I Love Tinsel, But This Is Getting Ridiculous!




I have always loved tinsel.  It's very festive, isn't it?  However, we haven't used it for years because of the kids.

As my one friend said, once your child starts getting mobile and putting everything in his/her mouth, you look around what you thought was a child-friendly home, and realize that the entire place is a death-trap!

That's why we stopped using it.  It's not very Christmasy when your child chokes on a piece of tinsel.

Now, though, all of our kids are old enough to know that tinsel isn't a very tasty snack.  (Although, probably if I served it for lunch, my one son would put ketchup on it and love it.)  But with it just lying on the ground, it's fine.

That's part of the problem.  The tinsel is lying all over the ground.

And the furniture.  And the cat. (He wasn't amused.)

I got out of the shower one day and there was some on my leg.  Maybe it was in my hair, which is entirely possible.  There's some in our bed.  It's an interesting phenomenon.

The best one was my husband, whose colleague at work finally mentioned to him at lunchtime that he had tinsel on his butt.  He was really happy that he'd been walking around all morning meeting with families with tinsel on his rear end.

It's all part of the Christmas fun.  Who's with me?

No comments: