Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Training for a 50K!



I'm currently training for a 50K race.  That's right.  It seems crazy, doesn't it?  Some days I think it is.  I'm so busy with work and my children and everything else.

But here's the thing.  I'm not getting any younger.  And I want to do a marathon.  But I want to do trail running.  I find too much road running boring.  I just love running in a forest on trails.  It's very therapeutic for me.  It's peaceful.

For some reason, there aren't any trail marathons that I have found.  Trail races seem to jump from 25K to 50K.  A marathon is 42K.

That's why I'm doing a 50K.  I've also done several 25K now, so I feel like it's time to move to the next level. 

I may never do it again.

But I'll be an ultra runner.  (I love the sound of that.)

No comments: