Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Is Anyone Else Falling Apart at the Seams? Anyone?



My five year old daughter had a play date the other day.  Her friend walked into our house, looked around, and promptly announced, "Wow.  This house is REALLY messy."

I ran around frantically picking things up and trying not to say testily, "I think the phrase you're looking for is 'lived-in'...."!

Yes, the house was messy.  Mornings are always such chaos, and then I go to work.  I go directly from work to pick up the kids from school.  So as soon as I walk into the house I'm faced with the morning mess.

And it had been one of those mornings, with everyone rushing around.  It's hard to get four people fed, dressed, packed with extra shoes and lunches, and with teeth brushed.  I wish my house were cleaner, though.

That morning I had poured a coffee and then couldn't bring it with me to work because I couldn't find the lid.  (It's always an ominous sign when I can't take coffee with me.)

When I got to work and looked in a mirror, my bra strap was showing and there was a run in my nylons.

I can't be the only one who feels like she just can't get it together, right?  (Right?)

But I have a solution!  Google 'messy homes'.  It's amazing.  My house looks absolutely sparkling clean in comparison.  Thank you, perspective!

No comments: