Sunday, June 9, 2013

I'm in Password Hell!



I was standing at a gas station, about to pre-pay, and the machine asked me for the pin on my credit card.  I couldn't remember it.  It's not even a new password; it's just a card that I don't use very often. I had a complete mind block.  I stood there, reviewing possibilities.  I mean, panicking.  I was thinking, 'Is it this one or that one?  Or the other one?  Will they keep my card if I never remember it?  This is so embarrassing and annoying all rolled into one!  For a little string of meaningless numbers!'

I decided, right then and there, that passwords have become a complete nightmare.  They're everywhere.  It's getting ridiculous.  Did I say 'getting'?  I mean, we are way past ridiculous! 

I have passwords to access my computers, my phones, my email accounts, and my blog.  One computer program alone on my work computer requires three different passwords just to get into it.  I have passwords for my debit card and my credit card.

At work, we have to change passwords for our phone and computer every few weeks.

I just counted; I currently have thirteen passwords I have to remember just to get through daily life!  I can barely remember what I had for lunch.

I am in password hell!  Am I the only one?

And don't you hate it when you forget a password, which happens all the time, because for every innocuous account you need to open online you have to pick a password which you have no hope in heck of remembering because you have so many other much more important ones to remember.  So you have to click the 'forgot password' button.  And wait.  I am so sick of the 'invalid password/user name' message.  Because if I miraculously remember the password, I'll have forgotten the user name I picked!

When do we get to just using a fingerprint?  Please?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The majority of my email inbox is always forgotten password links. When I can manage to I go to work early on mondays to make up for the half hour on the phone resetting passwords with the help desk