Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Oh the Mess, Mess, Mess!




I've printed the above comic before, but it's just so relevant that I had to do it again.

I remember when the kids were little and I was constantly stepping on small toys and Lego pieces.  Those things are lethal!  I would look forward to the day the kids were older and we no longer had tons of little toys everywhere.

Well, they're older.  And now I have food wrappers everywhere.  And food bits.

I feel like I'm constantly making the kids clean up their snack messes.

I'll make them come downstairs just to clear away all their food mess, hoping they will get the hint that I'm not going to do it for them.  So far, they remain oblivious and I remain frustrated.  (Somewhere, my parents are laughing and high-fiving karma.)

It's amazing what a big mess they can make in a very short time.

I swear that when my back is turned, they suddenly start grabbing cookie boxes to shake crumbs all over the place.

I am constantly having them grab the broom and dustpan and sweep up all the crumbs they spill.

And the computer table!  I asked my son this morning if he just randomly grabbed handfuls of food and threw it under there.  (Sarcasm is always a good parenting strategy.)  I swear it had been clean a second ago.  He just stared at me uncomprehendingly as he stuffed strawberries in his mouth. And then he left his bowl!

I'd run screaming into the hills but I have to go make him put it in the dishwasher.

 

No comments: