Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Matching Socks = Stress






I never thought I'd say it, and frankly, I realize that it sounds silly.  But socks cause me a lot of stress.  Am I the only one?

I never thought this would be such a problem.

However, there it is.  Matching socks are like gold in our house.

Where do they all go?

I know people say that the solution is just to buy all the same socks.  Sounds easy, but then you have to be able to find them all.  And I have boys and girls, so they usually wear different socks.  And I get handed down socks.

Once I went to the same store and they didn't have that kind anymore.

I have a laundry basket full of unmatched socks.

The other day I was trying to find a matching pair of socks for my daughter.  Honestly, I found sixteen single socks and NOT ONE MATCHED.

I yelled to my husband in despair, "HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?"

He doesn't care.  The kids would wear mismatched socks if it were up to him.

I'm not there yet.  I've stifled my inner Type A enough - it just isn't okay with screamingly unmatched.  Because don't get me wrong - I'm fine with two different socks if they're roughly the same colour.  I'm not completely anal.  But my daughter has all these crazy patterns and it would really stand out.

Life's too short, I know.

But come on!  Throw me some matching socks!

No comments: