Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Canadian Christmas - Cutting Down a Pine Tree!





 
 
 
Today we cut down our Christmas tree!  This isn't going to be a story about how perfectly it all went, because that would, frankly, be fake.  We were meeting my parents early Saturday morning, and my daughter hadn't been feeling well, so I think I had been up about 18 times in the night.  I was exhausted.  Suddenly we realized we needed to leave, and chaos ensued.  My sons didn't want to wear boots.  My daughter couldn't find her hat.  I made her wear one of her brother's hockey hats.  (Go, Flyers!)  My daughter and I also had a brief but spirited tussle about her wearing snow pants.  I threw my son's gloves at him and insisted he wear them.  I was downright cranky, even though I had remembered the hot chocolate and the Christmas music for the car.  Eventually (it was a bit of a long drive to the tree farm), everyone relaxed and the music began working.  It even started snowing, so by the time we got there we were all in a good mood.  We walked around the farm, finding tons of great trees.  We finally found one we all agreed on.  ("Not THAT one; this one!"  "I liked the other one better!"  "That one isn't full enough at the bottom."  "This has a bad side!"  We overheard comments such as, "I was happy three trees ago!"  and "Forget democracy! I'm choosing!")  After the tree had been shaken and bound, we loaded it in the van and were off home to decorate.  Thank goodness for Bailey's.  I mean, it's a beautiful tree!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: