Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Growing Up!

My seven year old son informed me that he is now too old for me to kiss him good-bye in the school line.  I took it really well.  I was devastated!  He is only in grade three.  I expected this when he was a pre-teen, but not yet.  Had I known this earlier, I would have made the most of kissing him all through grade two in the school line.  I mean, I know it's not that big a deal.  I can still kiss him at home.  But suddenly, in public has become out-of-bounds.  He said that some kids might laugh at him.  Can you believe it?  Thankfully I have two younger children.  My son in SK was there throughout this conversation.  After I had watched his brother walk away to his school line (alone!) I asked him (only slightly tearfully) if I could still kiss him at school.  He said, "Yes, Mom!"  The poor kid could probably tell that I would have started sobbing if he had said no.  I should have taken my chance then...I should have made him commit to letting me kiss him in his school line until he was in grade six!

No comments: