Friday, January 20, 2012

But We're Driving The Same Bus!

I hate to talk about Katy Perry and Russell Brand, but someone needs to say something about Hollywood marriages.  It's getting ridiculous, isn't it?  I can't even bring myself to mention the 'K' issues but you all know what I mean.

I remember a few months back, when rumours of problems between Katy and Russell led him to say that they had sworn to love each other forever and that they weren't just going to give up.  Well, that lasted a few more months.

Why is staying together so hard?  Is it the old 'familiarity breeds contempt' thing?

I read about a well-known rock band that travelled extensively together.  The one player said that he began to hate the sight of the other player eating his Cheerios, so they had to get separate tour buses.

Does the way he eat Cheerios count as an irreconcilable difference?

I mean, if players in a rock band start getting annoyed at these little things, how much harder is it in a marriage?  And you can't take separate buses.  We're driving the same bus, no matter what.

I guess this is why they invented 'girls' nights out'; to get a little space.  Sometimes, you just need to get off the bus.  Have some fun and let your hair down.  And then you can get right back on, happier and ready to overlook the Cheerios.

No comments: