Friday, January 27, 2012

Do I Look Like A Paper Towel To You?

 Is it just my kids who do this?  My children will go to hug me, but really they are wiping their mouths or noses on me.  It's yummy.

I will think they're being so sweet and then I will realize they're just using me as a big Handi-Wipe.

It was bad enough when they were babies, and my shoulder constantly had dribbles of milk on it.  (Sometimes it was on the front of my shirt too, which was very attractive.)

I thought it would get better.

Now, they also wipe their sticky hands on my clothes and my arms.  I really appreciate this, let me tell you.  As I scrub off chocolate or a variety of food residue, I feel all warm and fuzzy.  And adding to the enormous pile of laundry I always have just makes me feel - oh, I don't know - content.

I'm glad they feel comfortable with me and everything, but a line has to be drawn.  Boundaries must be established!  I love them all dearly, but how hard is it to grab a napkin?

Another thing I never thought I would say as a parent: 'Do I look like a paper towel to you?'

No comments: