Sunday, January 29, 2012

Those Crazy Gummy Bears!

My daughter was watching the 'I Am A Gummy Bear' song on Youtube.  Her brothers had introduced it to her. 

I would think most parents have heard it by now.  It's a catchy little song and the gummy bear dances and kids love to watch it.  At one point the gummy bear does something that is a bit questionable, and my daughter said to me, 'That's inappropriate, isn't it, Mommy?'  (Let's call it 'booty shaking'.  And I for one do not have children who EVER do this.  Not once.  I barely understand the meaning of the term.)

She learned the word 'inappropriate' very early.  I'm just speculating, of course, but this may, again, have had something to do with her big brothers who seem to take particular delight in anything deemed inappropriate in any way, shape or form.  Anyway, I told her that she was right. 

She paused to think, and then said thoughtfully, "I guess that gummy bear doesn't have a mommy or daddy then!"

It was nice of her to equate someone being inappropriate with not having parents, but if that's true, then...I am in big trouble!  (Did you hear that, boys?)

No comments: