Saturday, February 12, 2011

Soap...or The Difference Between Men and Women

I was just finishing up my shower, and Jerry was sitting on the bathroom counter as we chatted.  I realized that the bar of soap was almost gone, so I said, "We need a new bar of soap in here."

At this point I have to tell you that Jerry was sitting on the cupboard where we keep our soap.  He didn't even have to move to touch the soap.  He was BREATHING on the soap.  He was practically one with the soap.  But I guess I wasn't direct enough.

He looked at me blankly for a long moment, and then stretched and said, "Huh.  Well....I guess I'm going to get something to eat!"  He left the room and went downstairs to the kitchen.

I just stood there, laughing.  You have to laugh, don't you?

I mean, I didn't realize I needed to say, "Listen to me very closely, honey.  You don't even have to move from where you're sitting.  Please reach out your right hand, open the cupboard, and hand me a NEW BAR OF SOAP!  What I'm trying to say is that we need a new one.  The old bar of soap is almost gone; do you understand?  Are you following me?"

Sometimes I think it would be nice to live like a man does, and not have to worry about so many small things....like where the soap fairy lives.

No comments: