Friday, February 22, 2013

Thanks for Being Even More Disorganized Than I Am; It's Not Easy But I Really Appreciate It




I've been feeling pretty disorganized lately.  I'm busy at home and at work.  I feel like I'm losing my mind half the time.  I brought raw eggs to work this morning, planning to cook them for lunch, but by lunchtime I was thinking they were hard-boiled so I cracked them on my plate in the lunchroom only to remember they were raw.  I don't think there's anything wrong with my mind (although I'm certainly willing to entertain that idea, based on the circumstances) it's just that I am so busy that I have far too many thoughts and ideas going through my mind at once.

So it's really nice to meet someone who seems slightly more disorganized than me.

I had just met this woman in a building downtown and she was about to leave.  She couldn't find her hat, so she was delayed.  When she finally found it she began to walk out the door when I noticed her wallet lying on the floor.  I ran to her and gave it to her and she thanked me.  After she left I heard a sound I couldn't recognize; I soon realized it was her phone, that she had also left behind, that was ringing.

After about thirty minutes she returned for her phone.

When I later had to text her, the return message I got was that she was on vacation and this was in the month of August.  That was six months ago.

Thanks.  Thanks for that.  All of a sudden I feel completely put-together.  :) 
(See my post 'Must Life Humble Me This Way?' if you want me to do the same for you.)

No comments: