Saturday, February 2, 2013

Well, This Is Embarrassing!




I was playing charades with my children.  My daughter had an 'action' phrase.  It was 'making the bed'.

She started acting out the motions.

My son couldn't get it.

"Making a cake!" he yelled.  "Riding a bike!"

My daughter decided to give him a clue. (Because, let's face it, if she didn't we were going to be there all day.)

"You know, it's something we do when people are coming over." she said earnestly to him.

Not, 'something we do every day', or even 'something we do every weekend'.  No - something we only do if people are coming over to the house.

Well.  It's true.  But embarrassing.

Does everyone make their beds every day?  Are we really the only ones?

Maybe one glorious day I will feel organized enough and like I have enough time to make my bed, along with getting three kids breakfast, making three lunches, and getting myself ready for work.

Maybe.

Not holding my breath.

No comments: