Thursday, February 7, 2013

What a Beautiful Sentiment...Not Really







I was driving behind a truck the other day.  When we were stopped at a red light, I noticed stickers of birds all over the back window of the truck.  There were all different kinds of birds depicted in flight.

I thought to myself, "That's so nice.  He loves birds! I completely agree.  They're so beautiful, especially when they're flying."

I love to see birds; all different kinds of them, sitting on wires together in a group, flying randomly in the sky, flying in formation, swooping over fields.  It's peaceful to watch them.

Then I noticed the sticker at the top of his window.  It said, "If it flies, it dies!"

How beautiful.  How...touching.  How depressing...

Echoing the (sort of) words of the Beatles, I say, "Live and let fly!"

No comments: