Thursday, February 7, 2013

Wheat and Sugar Free Update






I've been eating a lot of the above, including flax, salba, quinoa, brown rice, potatoes, kale, onions, and yes, dark chocolate (90%).

In the morning I love my smoothies:  I put almond milk with either lettuce or kale, blueberries and a few cherries, salba and flax. 

I have to admit, the first time I made one I was all, "It looks so healthy and yet... it tastes like complete crap!"

Luckily I just had to add more almond milk and it was fantastic.  I'm addicted to them now.

I also love eggs over sauteed kale, mushrooms and shallots.

I've been eating lots of vegetable soups - potato and leek, tomato, and so on.  Yummy.

I have survived very well; as long as I can have my coffee and dark chocolate I am okay.  What am I saying, I am great!  I couldn't do it without them; let's just call it like it is.  Also I love all the nuts and seeds.  And Greek yogourt is delicious.

I admit that I've had to buy some brown rice crisps, because I missed eating crunchy salty things.  They're good too.

I won't do it forever, because it's not my goal.  But it's been great to try out new foods and make some new healthy habits.

And once when I made my son a morning smoothie I snuck in some spinach and he didn't even know.

(If you're saying 'you go, girl' I completely agree.)

And go veggies!

1 comment: