Friday, March 11, 2011

What a Nightmare!

Last night I had this terrible dream.  I dreamt that my children had grown taller than me!  And  - if you can believe how crazy this dream was - they were talking back.  I know.  Unbelievable, right? 

Currently I am still much taller than all my children.  In the dream, however, I remember distinctly that I had to lift my head up to look up at them; they were at least a head taller than me.

I woke up, and said to my husband, "Whew!  What a bad dream.  Luckily it was just a dream that has no basis in reality.  You know, there's absolutely no way that will ever come true...right?"

Oh, fine, I know it's just a matter of time.  I'm sure my boys will be taller than me.  Now about the talking back part...

I was speaking with a colleague who has teenaged sons, and she was mentioning a time one swore at her.

"Oh no!"  I exclaimed.  "They're going to swear at me?"

"Of course they will,"  she explained patiently, giving me an 'are you kidding me' look. 

And here I thought them yelling 'NEVER' was bad.

"Now wait until you get to the point where you swear back!  It's very liberating."  She laughed.

Great...I can't wait to be liberated!

No comments: